v2.14:
- Use PC speaker instead of WAV for beep
v2.13:
- Print the TOS with each ping
- Sequence check with RAW sockets
- Larger time between pings

Download (50.4 KB):
www.kwakkelflap.com/files/fping214.zip

FPing is one of the most useful network debugging tools available. The first ping program was written by Mike Muuss in December 1983 for use on Unix machines.

Muuss named his program after the sonar sounds used for echolocation by submarines, although some say ping stands for "Packet InterNet Grouper".

Ping sends a all packet of information containing an ICMP ECHO_REQUEST to a specified computer, which then sends an ECHO_REPLY packet in return. The ping program then evaluates this reply, and a report is shown.

You can check several things with the ping program: can you reach another computer, how long does it take to bounce a packet off of another site (what is the distance),

You can ping either a domain name, or an IP address. Functionality to show domain names when using IP addresses is supported. Even routing options are available, alas only 9 routes can be shown due to the structure of the IP header (RFC 792). Why did I write my own ping program?

There are two main reasons: a) It wanted to know how the ping program worked. I found it really intriguing and was very curious and b) There was a need for a better ping program here at the lab where I work.

Here are some key features of "Fping":
· Time between pings can be adjusted at wish, ranging from 1ms to 5s.
· Beep on every (un)successful reply. Use this to test your network status in the background.
· Ping multiple hosts with one simple command.
· Ping using raw sockets, or use the ICMP dll. The choice is up 2 you.
分享:

愚愚学园属于纯学术、非经营性专业网站,无任何商业性质,大家出于学习和科研目的进行交流讨论。

如有涉侵犯著作权人的版权等信息,请及时来信告知,我们将立刻从网站上删除,并向所有持版权者致最深歉意,谢谢。